sunnuntai 12. helmikuuta 2017

Vintage Market at Kustom Kulture Show 2017

Hat fom High Hat Couture (Etsy)
Earrings and bangles by Splendette
40's vintage suit is from VintagEija's

This weekend has been all about vintage! It's time again for Kustom Kulture Show here at Helsinki, Kaapelitehdas. Kustom Kulture is all about vintage cars, drags and rockabilly lifestyle. But this Sunday the event also had vintage market and for the vintage lover I am, I of course had to be there! Actually I was working there, for VintagEija's (www.vintageijas.com) which also is one of my favorite vintage stores here in Finland!

So we were there with beautiful burlesque dancer Veda DeCadenza looking pretty and helping out with customers! I always do enjoy spending my day at vintage stores and it doesn't really matter if I'd have to work or not. I do like helping people with their purchases in a field I know pretty well. While working it's also easy to sneak out if there's anything I'd fancy! And of course there was!

With beautiful Veda DeCadenza
You may already know about my extensive interest in vintage hats. Eija had earlier told me she had a yellow wide brim late 40's hat in her personal collection which she hadn't ever worn so she brought it to me, who has a addiction to cart wheel and wide brim hats! Oh and I love yellow. For years I couldn't stand the color and now (since last summer) it seems I cant get enough of it!

My new purse lover
I also found a perfectly matching pair of yellow gloves and 1950's golden box purse with lucite handle. I do love these unpractical vintage purses! They do scream "GLAMOUR" out louder than anything else! I just recently started my lucite and box purse collection but hope to find many more of them for reasonable prices which isn't always easy. This individual has a beautiful crisscross of gold and white with gold glitter, golden metal frame and lucite hande which also has golden glitter in it! Isn't she a beauty?!
And she's in such a good condition as well!

Last weekend I was modeling for VintagEija's at Ladybug rockabilly weekender and got this beautiful navy blue 1940's suit Im wearing this my new treasures I got today.

Late 1940's suits are my favorite thing to wear; they have nipped waist, amazing structure, bold shoulder and a bit of that military spirit. This one has such an amazing structure and it reminds me of a Lilli Ann suit, even though it certainly is not. Will share few details of this suit with you later! And even though Finns don't usually match blue with yellow (might be because of out dear neighbors at Sweden, and Finnish competition spirit especially on sports...)  but I do really love with outfit. Gold purse and accessories from Splendette bring it to another level of glamour, I do think. I will share photos and stories of out fabulous Vintage Fashion Show at LadyBug later on but now Im off to bed. Sleep tight folks!

Here with yellow hat & gloves
as well as golden Splendette jewelry
& vintage purse





Did someone say "sassy"?



XXX
W

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti